Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools! We believe students are best served by the active participation of all citizens in the community.
It is our belief that volunteers help promote school/community interaction, support school activities, provide multi-generational and multi-cultural experiences and enrich curriculum for all students. Whether it is a one-day event or an ongoing commitment we have an opportunity for you to get more involved with your community.
Volunteers bring valuable talents, interests and time to help students reach their full potential. The only requirements are time to offer and a desire to make a difference.
Please consider the following volunteer opportunities:
- Read to students or listen to them read.
- Provide one-on-one attention and encouragement for elementary students to enhance understanding across generations.
- Work one-on-one with students or in small groups to help students master basic skill in math, reading or writing.
- Help students explore the world of work by participating in a Career Fair.
- Mentor a secondary student.
- Be a math tutor for a high school student.
- Visit a classroom as a resource speaker and add interest and your first-hand experiences by sharing your career, travel or ethnic heritage.
- Assist office or media center staff.
- Work behind the scenes on school projects and events.
- Become involved with school leadership and advisory councils.