K-5 Boundary Change Process
In preparation for the opening of Hamilton Ridge, K-5 attendance boundaries will change for our elementary schools effective in the 2020-2021 school year. New elementary attendance boundaries will help ensure we have adequate instructional and co-curricular space throughout our district for our growing student population. Our goal is to maintain K-5 attendance boundaries for five years, given consistent growth patterns and housing development. The Board is expected to vote on the new elementary attendance boundaries at its June 10th meeting.
Some additional details to note:
- While we will maintain similar K-5 school start times, specific elementary school start-times for 2020-21 will also be reviewed in an effort to gain efficiencies with transportation.
- La ola del lago Spanish immersion program will be located at Grainwood Elementary beginning in the fall of 2020.
- Edgewood School will continue to be home to early learning programs.
- 2019/20 In-district Transfer (IDT) protocol is unchanged from this current year. We will communicate to families in the fall of 2019 IDT protocols for the 2020/21 school year.
- After In-district Transfer placements have been made, open enrollment placements will be made.
- March 5, 2019 Input Team Meeting Agenda Packet
- Guiding Change Document
- Prior Lake Boundary Change Scenario- Option A and B (Note: option A&B maps are preliminary and are not the final options. Maps will change throughout the boundary process)