- What are the construction projects that will be underway using voter-approved funding?
- Where will the new elementary school be built?
- Will the district continue to offer open enrollment?
After gathering input from a 50-member Task Force and additional community input, the School Board refined recommendations and communicated a list of projects that would be funded upon a successful referendum, including: a new elementary school, adding classroom and other spaces to all our schools and space for our growing early childhood programs.
At the November 27 School Board study session, the board indicated it would like to move forward with a land purchase agreement with Prior Lake Aggregates to construct an elementary school in the Big Sky Estates development in Savage. As a result, PLSAS is now beginning to work on the details of a binding letter of agreement, with timelines and expectations, for board consideration and action this spring.
To help ease crowding in our schools, for 2018/19 we have limited open enrollment opportunities available. We will continue to take applications for open enrollment:
- Up to 75 students in kindergarten
- Up to 1% of new students in grades 1-12
- Open Enrollment for Early Childhood Special Education remains open