2021 Survey Results
Survey Return Rates
SURVEY RETURN RATE
|2,794 responses (22%)|
Elementary Students (grades 3-5)
|1,461 responses (43%)|
Secondary Students (grades 6-12)
|2,125 responses (41%)|
Certified Staff (employees requiring a license through the MN Department of Education, ie. teachers, principals, superintendent)
|285 responses (45%)|
Educational Support Staff (all other employees not requiring a certified license, ie. cooks, custodians, secretaries)
|111 responses (23%)|
Student surveys (grades 3-12)
- 95% of elementary students and 88% of secondary students feel safe and secure in school.
- 95% of elementary students and 82% of secondary students feel connected to at least one adult at their school.
- 93% of elementary and 87% of secondary students report that their teachers help them feel included in the classroom.
- 83% of elementary students and 71% of secondary students stayed connected to their friend group over the past year.
- 93% of parents said adults/teachers believe my child can learn and be successful.
- 91% of parents report that school administration is accessible.
- 85% of parents said they believe their child is challenged academically.
- 83% of parents said that teachers are available and provide assistance to their children when needed.
Staff survey (combined Certified and Educational Support Staff)
- 91% of staff said they are proud to be associated with PLSAS and its brand.
- 90% of staff report a high-functioning collaborative working relationship with their colleagues.
- 89% of staff report that they work in an environment that respects diversity and is discrimination free.
- 88% of staff report that they work in an environment that supports innovative ideas and practices.