Child Nutrition Services
Child Nutrition Services is offering healthy breakfast and lunch bundled meals for students who are learning from home. Curbside pickup is available on Wednesdays from approximately 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Distance Learning Academy (DLA) Families
Meal bags will be available for students enrolled in Distance Learning Academy at Prior Lake High School, Hidden Oaks and Twin Oaks only. Distance Learning Academy (DLA) students' pick-up locations are determined by the first letter of the oldest student's last name and are as follows:
- Prior Lake High School A - K
- Hidden Oaks L - P
- Twin Oaks Q - Z
Hybrid Learning Families
Meal bags will be available for students enrolled in the Hybrid learning model at Five Hawks, LODL at Grainwood, Hamilton Ridge, Glendale, Redtail Ridge, Jeffers Pond and Westwood. All Hybrid-enrolled students (Pre-K - 12th grade) will pick-up at their neighborhood elementary school.
Please look for signage at your desired location.
Meals To Go order form
There are now separate forms for students enrolled in DLA and students enrolled in the Hybrid model. Please click the corresponding link below to complete the order form for meals from Wednesday, September 23 through Tuesday, September 29 (pick up on Weds. September 23 ONLY). If you have a student in each of the models, please fill out a separate, corresponding order form for each student.
Families can pre-order meals for as many days as their students are participating in learning from home (up to 3 days for Hybrid Learning students, and up to 5 days for Distance Learning Academy students). Each meal bag consists of a bundled breakfast and lunch. Order forms will be sent to families via email, text and social media each week.
Menus for in-person and curbside meals will be posted in SchoolCafé.
When students are in school, meals, snacks and beverages will be individually packaged or will be served directly to students. As always, we will ensure the safety of children with food allergies. PLSAS will discontinue self-service food and beverage distribution in the cafeteria.
Free and Reduced-Price Lunch assistance is available. Click here to visit the Child Nutrition Services page to begin your application. Applications must be filled out for each school year the assistance is needed.
- Breakfast and lunch will be available to students on-site daily. Meals will either be pre-packaged grab-and-go or served to students directly.
- Meal times may be relocated to small-group settings outside of the cafeteria.
- Students will come to the cafeteria to pick up meals on a staggered schedule to allow for physical distancing.
- Physical distancing decals/stickers/tape will be used on the floors in the cafeterias.
- Child Nutrition Services staff will wear face coverings and gloves.
- Students will wash hands before meal service and after meal service.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the serving lines.
- A la carte and additional menu items will still be available and will be served directly to students.
In a Hybrid Learning scenario, students will have the opportunity to receive meals for the days that they are not at school.
In a Distance Learning scenario, students will have the opportunity to receive meals when learning from home.
- How is this food program operated and funded?
- What happens when the USDA’s Free Meals for Kids waiver expires?
- Is there any cost for this food?
- Who is eligible to receive this food? Does my child need to be a PLSAS student?
- Can I take food for adults in my family or are these just for children?
- Does my child have to be present when I pick up the food?
- Do I have a choice of food?
- Could we request vegetarian meals?
- Are there alternative options for children with food allergies?
- Where can I find nutritional information about this food?
- My meal is different from the menu I saw on the website. Why?