Child Nutrition Services
We are now offering five days worth of meals (breakfast and lunch) each week, either as five-day individual meal bundles or pre-made meal kits.
All Kindergarten through 2nd grade students will still be eligible to receive a free breakfast and lunch meal while they are in school.
All 3rd through 12th grade students as well as students enrolled in the Distance Learning Academy, will still be eligible to receive their free meals at our Meals-to-Go curbside pick-up, which will continue to take place on Wednesdays from 10am-12pm.
Meal pick-up locations will only be at Prior Lake High School, Hidden Oaks and Twin Oaks Middle Schools. Pick-up locations are determined by the first letter of the oldest student's last name and are as follows:
- Prior Lake High School: Last Name Begins with A - K
- Hidden Oaks Middle School: Last Name Begins with L - P
- Twin Oaks Middle School: Last Name Begins with Q - Z
**Note - the PLHS pick-up location is at the southwest corner of the property, just past the tennis courts, near the bus drop off.
Please complete this form each week you would like to receive free meals: https://forms.gle/J2vj6jHHfn7c2xe18 *Order form closes at noon on Mondays
Meal bags are available to all children, ages 18 and under. Click here for the most up-to-date information regarding the 2020-2021 school meal program, including frequently asked questions.
NOTE: If parents/guardians pick up meals with no children present, they may only pick up meals for the children in their household. Children picking up DO NOT need to have a parent/guardian present.
Meals to Go menus will be posted to SchoolCafé each month.
- Breakfast and lunch will be available to students on-site daily. Meals will either be pre-packaged grab-and-go or served to students directly.
- Meal times may be relocated to small-group settings outside of the cafeteria.
- Students will come to the cafeteria to pick up meals on a staggered schedule to allow for physical distancing.
- Physical distancing decals/stickers/tape will be used on the floors in the cafeterias.
- Child Nutrition Services staff will wear face coverings and gloves.
- Students will wash hands before meal service and after meal service.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the serving lines.
- A la carte and additional menu items will still be available and will be served directly to students.
In a Hybrid Learning scenario, students will have the opportunity to receive meals for the days that they are not at school.
In a Distance Learning scenario, students will have the opportunity to receive meals when learning from home.
- How is this food program operated and funded?
- What happens when the USDA’s Free Meals for Kids waiver expires?
- Is there any cost for this food?
- Who is eligible to receive this food? Does my child need to be a PLSAS student?
- Can I take food for adults in my family or are these just for children?
- Does my child have to be present when I pick up the food?
- Do I have a choice of food?
- Could we request vegetarian meals?
- Are there alternative options for children with food allergies?
- Where can I find nutritional information about this food?
- My meal is different from the menu I saw on the website. Why?