Hybrid Learning Model
* Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools will start the school year in the Hybrid Learning Model for all students in grades K-12.
It is likely that our district will “turn the dial” between all three learning models: Hybrid, Distance and In-Person Learning (or a combination of them) throughout the school year.
Click here to learn PLSAS's process for determining if/when we “turn the dial” to a different district learning model.
In the Hybrid model, all students will learn through a combination of Distance Learning at home and In-Person Learning at school with strict social distancing and capacity limits. What to Expect Flyer
- Ensure learning environments are safe
- Provide as much time in school as possible
- Provide flexibility and additional time to support individual student learning needs
There will be increased outdoor-learning time for all classes.
Required for in-person and hybrid learning
- Face Covering Policy
- PPE for direct support student services
- Build routines of hygiene education & practices
- Daily cleaning and frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces throughout the day
- Building-level COVID-19 program coordinator, with optional student counterpart
- Limiting nonessential visitors/volunteers/external groups
- Discontinue large gatherings/activities that do not allow for social distancing
- Monitoring and excluding for illness
Equitable access to technology
Each student will be issued a district device and will have access to all district-provided online resources
- K-1: iPad
- 2-5: Chromebook
- 6-12: iPad
Required for Hybrid Learning
- Social distancing of 6 feet at all times in school buildings
- School facilities at 50% capacity
- Sufficient staffing levels to meet the requirements of the model
Because of the need for social distancing, every child cannot be at school at the same time
K-12 Hybrid Model with Flex Instruction Day
To reduce the number of students in the school building at any time, students will be assigned to either Group A or Group B.