Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools Health Services aims to support student learning by promoting health and safety and works to minimize and manage students' health-related barriers to learning.
The health services department provides:
- First aid and episodic care for students who become ill or injured during the school day until they are able to return to class or be placed under their parent’s or emergency contact’s care.
- Administration of medication and treatments under the direction of the school nurse.
- Health screenings recommended by MN Department of Health.
- School health record maintenance.
- Nursing consultation to educators and administrators within the school district.
Licensed School Nurses and Health Support Personnel staff Health Services. They are available during student hours in each health office, in each of the district’s schools. They have been trained in American Heart First Aide and CPR; they perform delegated nursing procedures, assist with screenings, organize and maintain the health office and health records, and keep the school nurse informed of the building’s needs and concerns.