Facilities Task Force
A Facilities Task Force has been formed to study Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools (PLSAS) facilities needs and provide input to a Facilities Design Team to develop options to address those needs. The final options will be forwarded to the School Board in spring of 2017 for action. The facilities study and resulting options will be based on capacity usage, current and projected enrollment, demographic projections, city housing projections, educational needs of the school district, school-day programs, after-school facility usage, survey input and financial stewardship.
TASK FORCE CHARGE
Using the Board-approved Guiding Change document, the Task Force will be charged to study enrollment and demographic data to identify needs, generate ideas and provide input to a Facilities Design Team with the district's best interest as a whole in mind.
PLSAS is committed to a community engagement process that is inclusive of multiple perspectives. Task Force members must be school district residents. Attendance at all meetings is critical. Participants must be solution focused and commit to representing all stakeholders in the district.
TASK FORCE TIMELINE
Early December to March 2017; first meeting will be held December 5, 6-8 p.m.
Subsequent meetings will be:
- Tuesday, Dec. 20, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 5, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 8, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Monday, March 20, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Recommendations will be presented to the School Board this spring.
TASK FORCE COMPOSITION AND OPERATION
- The Task Force includes 50 community members.
- Members have a wide variety of backgrounds, skills and perspectives, represent a broad cross-section geographically of the community and have an interest in the long-term health of the school district.
- PLSAS staff are also part of the Task Force.
- TeamWorks International will facilitate Task Force meetings.
- All Task Force materials will be published on the school district’s website.