At Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools, our mission is to educate all learners to reach their full potential as contributing and productive members of our ever-changing global community.
We are committed to differentiating instruction to meet the individual learning needs of each student, implementing innovative programs that benefit our E-12 population and using technology to enhance learning.
Our students continue to meet and exceed the state standards in reading, math and science, while our MAP scores allow us to track how individual students are doing during the school year.
We are recognized as leaders in Environmental Education (EE). Our award-winning programs have been modeled by school districts throughout the state and country. Our program is unique in that EE is embedded into the core curriculum. This is a major component to the success of the program, which results in students who learn to become critical thinkers and approach problem solving by studying multiple perspectives.
Our vision is guided by the district’s Strategic Plan, which includes the following focus areas:
- Increasing measurable student growth and achievement.
- Continuing financial accountability to the community while using available resources to educate students and maintain class-size targets
- Expanding innovative programming to meet family needs
- Expanding and embedding environmental focus across the district
- Integrating technology for teaching and communications; increasing capacity to set standards for all learners using 21st century skills
- Engaging parents, families and the community to strengthen a culture of respect and inclusion
The Curriculum and Instruction Advisory Committee ensures active community participation in planning and improving instruction and curriculum.