Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools is proud of the highly competitive benefits we offer our staff.
If your assignment qualifies you for benefits, you will be able to enroll and be covered by our plans on the date of hire or date of eligibility. There is a deadline of 30 days from your hire or qualifying date to enroll.
Click here to visit BSwift to review your current elections, enroll during open enrollment, or enroll for a qualifying life event.
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Insurance
- Insurance Committee
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Open Enrollment & Plan Changes
- Public Employee Retirement Association (PERA)
- Teacher Retirement Association (TRA)
- Worker's Compensation
- What benefits are available and how much do they cost?
- Who are the district's insurance carriers?
- When is Open Enrollment?
- When do my deductibles reset?
- What medical insurance plans does PLSAS have?
- What are the differences between the medical insurance plans?
- What does HRA and VEBA mean, and how does it work?
- Can I buy medical insurance if I work 30 or more hours per week?
- Why isn’t my payroll medical deduction half of my portion of the monthly premium? (Time card staff only)
- If I don't work summers, will I still have medical & dental coverage through the summer?
- It's open enrollment and I want to switch plans. What is the cost of another plan?
- When can I change my medical insurance plan?
- How are my benefits affected by my medical leave?
- My spouse was laid off and it's not open enrollment. Can I add him/her to my insurance?
- What is a qualifying event?
- Can I switch to a different medical plan during a qualifying event?
- What should I do if I have a medical issue while out of state/country?
- I have a VEBA HRA account. Should I have a Flex Spending Account too? What is an FSA anyway?
- What dental plans are available?
- PLSAS is self-insured. What does that mean and how does it affect me?
- How do I compare clinics and cost of procedures?