Our mission is to educate all learners to reach their full potential as contributing and productive members of our ever-changing global community.

Open Enrollment

Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools welcomes non-resident students through Minnesota’s Open Enrollment program. The decision to open or limit enrollment to families living outside the district boundaries is made on a year-to-year basis. State statute is reviewed along with student enrollment numbers and building capacity levels in the decision-making process. According to school district policy 509 and Minnesota Statute 124D.03, subd. 6.; school boards may set capacities for how many students may be served by a site and therefore can close a school to open enrollment.


Per the School Board, PLSAS will be approving all Open Enrollment applications for the 2021-22 school year. 

January 14, 2021 - Approved applicants can enroll online.

May 2021 - School placement will be announced to approved, Open Enrollment families.


The district is accepting open enrollment applications for the 2020-21, the current school year. 

  • Kindergarten Open Enrollment - Limited to 100 students districtwide
  • Grades 1-5 Open Enrollment - Limited to 20 new students per grade districtwide
  • Grades 6-12 Open Enrollment - Limited to 30 new students per grade districtwide or a cumulative of 90 middle school students and 120 high school students
  • OE for Early Childhood Special Education remains open

All accepted families will receive a phone call and email notification. Families on the wait list will receive an email telling them where they are on the wait list.

Applications received after the Open Enrollment Lotteries, will be placed on the list in the order they are received. (Priority options not applicable after the lottery)

To open enroll into Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools, please fill out an open enrollment form and email it to btlusty@priorlake-savage.k12.mn.us, fax to (952) 226-0049 or bring it to the District Services Center, 4540 Tower Street SE in Prior Lake. Call (952) 226-0077 with questions.