- What is Independent Study?
- How do I know which credits I need to make up?
- How do I register?
- When and where do I go to attend?
- How often do I need to attend?
- Is transportation provided?
- How do I actually earn the credit?
- Does the grade I earn for Independent Study replace my failing grade?
- What if I don’t complete my course or attendance requirement before the deadline?
- Who can I contact if I have questions?
Counselors will provide students needing credit recovery with a Continual Learning Plan (CLP), a form required to begin Independent Study. The student brings the completed CLP (including parent signature) to either Independent Study Coordinator during one of the days and times listed below to review expectations and receive login information.
As often as you can! Students do not need to attend IS for consecutive days, however, the more frequently students attend IS, the more quickly they will be able to earn credit. Seat time requirements vary depending on the student’s age. Students who are 16 and older must complete 10 hours of seat time per course. Students are 15-years old will be required to complete 25 hours per course.