Parents and the school community share as goals the physical, emotional, social and intellectual development of students attending Prior Lake High School.
With those goals in mind, it is imperative that parents and the school work cooperatively to meet the needs of our students. A key component to this cooperative arrangement is communication between parents and the school.
The Parent Advisory Council at Prior Lake High School will involve parents in a collaborative effort to provide a communication tool to support our students, parents, and school. The tasks of the council will include advisory, volunteer opportunities, input seeking, decision making and parent education:
Serve as a sounding board for the High School administration to gather parent input regarding the initiation of various policies and procedures (i.e. provide administration with a “pulse” of the parent perception within the school community)
- Provide an opportunity for parents to raise questions regarding policies and procedures of the High School.
- Provide an opportunity for clarification regarding issues related to the High School.
- Provide an opportunity for parents to become informed about what is happening at High School.
- Create an environment that supports parent involvement at the High School.
- Address issues, concerns and suggestions presented to the group and be involved in the solution and ongoing feedback.
Meetings are open to the parent and guardian of any Prior Lake High School student.
The last Wednesday of the month, beginning at 5 p.m. in room 222. We will try alternating meeting times to accommodate schedules.