Laker Corner is managed and operated by PLHS Business Students. Proceeds benefit students through scholarships.
Phone: (952) 226-8613
1st Quarter Hours (school days, beginning September 28):
Before school: 7:45–8 a.m.
Afternoon: 2p.m.–3:15 p.m.
Store Coordinator: Ms. Lisa Rutt: (952) 226-8768
Email Attendance at firstname.lastname@example.org if...
- your child will be absent from school due to illness, vacation, or appointments, etc.
- you need to take your child out of school for an appointment during the school day (email at least 30 minutes before your pickup time)
- you forgot to email when your child was absent from school.
You do not need to come into the school to pick-up your child. They will receive a pass to leave the building from the Attendance Secretary, they will sign themselves out of the building (at the desk located by the student entrance), and meet you at the car. All students MUST exit from the student entrance on the east side of the building.
Students who miss all or parts of a school day due to a dental, medical or other appointments must provide written note from the dental/medical office where they received treatment.
Absences Due to Family Vacations for 3 or more days: Please complete the Extended Excused Absence form. It must be signed by each of the student's teachers and their parent(s). This form can be printed or picked up in the attendance office.
Juniors are given one college day and Seniors are given two. They are excused absences, but they do count towards the student’s total missed attendance days per quarter. Verification of attendance at a post-secondary school is required upon the return of the student to PLHS.
Essential information for those wishing to purchase a parking permit for the 21-22 school year.
Who can apply for a permit:
- Due to increased parking capacity from the high school remodel we will be offering parking permits for grades 10, 11, and 12.
- Priority 1: Students with Academic needs (PSEO, MNCAPS, Work Program, and Bridges)
- Priority 2: Grades 11 and 12 students
- Priority 3: Grade 10 students
- If more grade 10 students apply then there are spots available names will be put into a lottery.
- Students will need to show a valid MN driver’s license and proof of payment when picking up their permit.
Can I apply if I don’t have my license yet?
- No. You’ll need to wait to have your license to apply.
- $200 - The fee will be prorated based on days left in the year for permits purchased after quarter 1.
Application timeline and process:
- August 9 - 20 - The application form will open for students to apply.
- Only a student can apply, parents will not have access to the form.
- Students go to the student page on the PLHS website and click the Gmail icon. ○ Search for an email with the subject “Parking 21-22”.
- Complete the form.
- August 26 - students will receive an email only if they are put on a waitlist.
How do I pay for my permit?
- Students pay for their permit through AFFINETY.
- Affinety Login Instructions:
- Navigate to https://isd719a.cf.affinetysolutions.com/
- If you need to create an account click on the Blue Wallet Icon to create a Parent User Account and connect to your student(s). You will need your student’s unique ID number, which can be found in Infinite Campus via the parent portal or on your student's school photo ID.
- We have created a "How To" document that shows you the steps to creating a new account: Create New Parent Account in Affinety.
- Once you’re logged in to Affinety:
- Click on the Prior Lake High School on the left.
- Select your student’s grade.
- Select the Parking Permit and check-out.
- Affinety Login Instructions:
Where/When can I pick up my permit?
- Students pick up their permit in the Student Services office on August 31 between 12:00 PM and 8:00 PM
- Students can pick up their permit with confirmation of payment and a valid driver’s license.
What if I don’t get my license until later in the year?
You can apply once you have your license. Students return permits for a variety of reasons. As those permits become available we make them available at a prorated fee.
What if I’m put on a waiting list but want to drive?
There is a free lot next to the softball fields with 100+ spots available (see map below).
What if I want to carpool with another driver?
One student will register for the permit. Any vehicle that will use the permit must be included when the application is filled out. If two vehicles registered to a permit are in the lot at the same time the car without the permit will be issued a ticket.
Where can I park?
There are three designated parking areas:
- Staff parking
- Paid student parking
- Free student parking